If your child is starting preschool soon, don’t panic! This list of easy summer arts and crafts for preschoolers has the purpose of keeping your child entertained while practicing concepts covered in preschool.
Just keep in mind that even though these activities are labeled as easy arts and crafts for toddlers, your child may still need you to read the instructions, cut some materials, or any other step required to complete the craft. And, for your kids’ safety, make sure to keep an eye on them while making they are making or playing with their crafts.
Now, get ready to have fun with your child!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. You can read the disclosure for more info.
Beach crafts for preschoolers
Let’s start this summer arts and crafts with a variety of cute beach crafts that include a jellyfish, flip-flops, and going under the sea.
- Colorful Jellyfish Craft for Kids – In addition to being a colorful, easy-to-do craft, you probably already have most of the materials needed.
- Under the Sea Ocean Paper Plate Craft for Preschool Kids – If your child hasn’t eaten all the goldfish yet, grab some of them for this under the sea craft experience.
- DIY Ribbon Flip Flops – I love ribbons which is one of the reasons why I started Colorful Bows. If you like ribbons too, this flip flops craft makes it the perfect time to use those ribbons that you have around the house. Or, better yet, it’s the perfect excuse to stop by your favorite craft store. 😉 Also, tying the ribbons up will be a good exercise for your little one’s fingers.
- Handprint Wooden Spoon Butterflies – Since it’s easy to do, your child can make at least a couple of these butterflies to play with.
- Under the Sea Graham Crackers – This is more like a cooking craft and these crackers are absolutely adorable! (There’s a video too.)
Hand arts and crafts
Since preschoolers love playing with their hands, here are some hand arts and crafts for them to enjoy.
- Handprint and Footprint Flowers and Vase Craft for Mother’s Day – This cute craft is suggested for Mother’s Day but it’s something that kids can still do during the summertime.
- Paper Plate Frog Craft – This is a paper plate craft where you need to trace your child hands for the frog’s legs.
- Summer Kids Craft: Footprint Flip Flops – This is a fun summer craft for kids, and it’s the type of craft that you can keep it as a memory too!
- Handprint Fish/Footprint Seaweed Tote – Here is another 2-in-1 craft for kids. After completing the craft, your child ends up with a cute tote to keep toys or something else.
- Handprint Hermit Crab Craft – This crab craft helps kids learn/practice a variety of skills needed in preschool.
Paper plate crafts for preschoolers
Paper plate crafts are always great. Not only during the summertime but for crafts in general. They are inexpensive, entertaining, and foster creativity.
- Paper Plate Umbrella Craft for Preschoolers – My little one had the opportunity to do many crafts during pre-K and this umbrella was one of them. Her teacher planned to do this craft during the weather unit and my daughter enjoyed making it and decorating it her way.
- Easy Paper Plate Watermelon Craft – A refreshing kids craft that requires very few materials. Take it beyond the craft and give real watermelon to your kids, too!
- Paper Plate Ice Cream Craft – Your child may need some help with a few steps but overall, it’s a cute and creative craft for them to enjoy.
- Easy Paper Plate Jellyfish Kids Craft – Have your kids do this simple jellyfish craft and you can even use it as part of your summer home décor.
- Paper Plate Pizza Craft Idea – What about some yummy pizza? Have fun designing a pizza. The design can be simple or complex depending on the type of pizza and your child’s age.
Weather craft for preschool
This list of summer arts and crafts can’t be complete if we don’t include the weather. After all, that’s a strong characteristic of summertime.
- Toothbrush Painted Rainbow – Your kids can enjoy making this super easy summer craft while creating a rainbow (something they love).
- Simple Spring Flower Craft – This is an opportunity for kids to get very creative while creating their flowers. Just grab different embellishments and let them use their imagination.
- Weather Chart Kid Craft – My toddler loves checking the weather after learning about it in pre-K. You might need to help your child with the paper fastener and to make the lines on the plate. But other than that, it’s an effective way to learn and play at the same time.
- Toilet Paper Roll Binoculars Craft for Cloud Observation – If your child loves to look at clouds like mine does, then you definitely need to try this is cool craft. That may also increase their desire to learn more about clouds.
- Spring Windsock Kid Craft – This is another craft that my toddler did and liked. Since it worked, I am sharing it with you!
Websites with summer worksheets for preschoolers
- Kindergarten Worksheets is a site that has tons of worksheets to prepare your child for Kindergarten. The worksheets are sorted by sections such as counting, more or less, patterns, addition, and much more. Each category has worksheets for different levels. Here are some of those categories:
- Planes and Balloons has many beautiful and educational printables available. Here are just some of those printables:
- Summer Preschool and Kindergarten Worksheets – Include patterns, words tracing, word search, problem-solving, and more.
- Preschool Worksheets – Include worksheets for different activities such as big and small, matching, and tracing.
- Kindergarten Worksheets – This section includes more than 100 printables to help with number order, addition and subtraction, shapes, letters and much more.
- While there, check out the Halloween worksheets, Thanksgiving worksheets, and fall theme worksheets
- Worksheet Fun has plenty of worksheets for preschoolers and there’s also a section for kindergarten. Here are only a few of those worksheets available on the site:
- Preschool Same or Different Worksheets
- Connect Other Half Preschool Worksheets
- Line Tracing for Preschoolers
- Preschool Matching Worksheets
- Missing Numbers
24. Teachers Pay Teachers is another website with many worksheets for the little ones. Here are some of those worksheets to get you started:
25. Education.com also has great worksheets for your toddler. This site includes worksheets for other purposes too such as learning their phone number and address. I purposely chose the following worksheets based on what my daughter had to learn during pre-K:
- Sort Out the Five Senses
- First, Next, Last
- Hot or Cold?
- Insects or Not Insects, Cut and Categorize
- My Phone Number (mom’s or dad’s phone number)
- What’s your address?
Bonus Section: Activity books for preschoolers
There are activity books available that you can use too. They are normally sold by grade. Some books cover all the classes, while other books only focus on one class or one area such as math or writing.
I love these types of books and have used them with both of my daughters. I use them all year round, including summertime, as a practice and to teach them new concepts.
These preschool workbooks can be found at different popular stores including Dollar Tree, Walmart, and Target. If you want to check them out, here are great activity workbooks at Amazon.
It’s time to create summer arts and crafts!
Now, you have a list of fun summer crafts for kids and more than twenty-five links to access worksheets for preschoolers.
If you haven’t yet, it’s time to click the links, get the materials, and have some fun with your child!
Let’s keep helping other moms!
If you know of another easy summer arts and crafts that weren’t included on the list, share it with us in the comments section!